Here’s some of the things we are doing to help reduce the impact of Snorkel Venture operations
- We buy carbon credits for all tour leader and Snorkel Venture associated flights with Climate Care.
- We give a sustainability briefing at the beginning of our tours which outline a code of practice in the water (see below).
- We’re committed to small group tours, using partners which share our desire to protect the underwater world.
- We carry a maximum of 750 snorkelers per year.
- We don’t print or distribute any offline promotional material (brochures, leaflets etc).
- We operate as a paperless organisation and switch off computers and office equipment when idle.
- We encourage working from home to reduce local travel.
- We aim to raise 100,000 USD every year for worldwide conservation organisations by 2024 via our Every Trip Program. Details of this will be released in July 2021.
Here’s some things we ask you to do when you tour with us
- We only allow reef safe sunscreen to be used before snorkeling. See Stream2Sea website for orders.
- We have a strict no touch, no harass policy in the water.
- We ask that you pay close attention to your body and fin position in the water over shallow reef.
- We ask that you give large pelagic species such as manta, whalesharks and whales plenty of space in the water.
- We ask that you limit the use of your camera flash when photographing up-close critters and slow moving marine life.
- We ask you bring a refillable water bottle and refill from resort/liveaboard stations.
- We ask you to bring batteries home for recycling, or better still use rechargeable batteries.
- We ask you to limit the amount of laundry you do on tour.
- We ask you to use biodegradable body and hair wash on tour. See Stream2Sea website for orders.
- Finally please consider buying carbon credits with Climate Care. Calculate here using your Airport Codes.